Feb 8, 2008

SPLIT SHIFTS WILL KILL YOU













RUSSELL, you are about to be very tired. Hey
when tired hits often CRANKY and IRRITABLE
follow!

OK, on paper it looks good
more money (I HOPE?) and a shot at
NEWS ANCHOR, but the HOURS
! Look
I will give you the fact that you are
a kid and have the stamina of a
bull (that didn't sound right?) but
as soon as it starts staying light
until 9 in the evening your life is
going to SO CHANGE! I don't care if
you go back to the aluminum foil on the
windows and a white noise machine in every
corner, outside they WILL mow a yard
guaranteed! Heaven help you if you or
your neighbor owns a POOL..CANNON BALL!!


Bless your heart summer will be the hardest
part. NEXT TO WINTER.. Winter is where you
will go to work in the dark and guess what...
come HOME in the dark! As for that nap, forget
about it, PHONES RING, ANIMALS ROMP, CHILDREN
GET SICK AND STAY HOME FROM SCHOOL, ED RUPPP
DROPS IN JUST TO SAY HI..the list goes on and
on!

All of the above aside, congrats on the
gig and your new morning anchor Pard ( Lisa Cornwell) and
remember MELATONIN!




WATE is still getting
attaboys for their
weather coverage. Wonder why at least
TEN NEWS 2 didn't go
all radar the morning of the
tempest? I bet they could
pre-sell the crud out of
STORMS ARE COMING SEE THEM
HIT INSTANTLY ON TEN NEWS 2
to everyone from Rural Metro
to Wolf Tree Service? Guess
they don't need the money.


For some ODD reason
mention of The View (ABC chat show)
has fired up the local
progressives and those who
live for girls basketball.
As always the staff and
management of the Report
has zero dawg in the fight
and as always we LOVE it
when YOU GUYS get into a dust up.

Here be the latest letters,
as always feel free to jump in!






Anonymous said...
Gotta agree with ya, Walker, on WATE's weather
coverage the other morning.
They flat out kicked the other stations' asses.
WATE should be commended for going local
with the weather information we all needed
and wanted when the storm arrived.
It's so sad that the other stations failed
to think of their viewers that morning,
and some dimwitted executives made some
dumb decisions. Walker, glad you reminded me of it.

Friday, February 8, 2008 12:16:00 AM EST



Mr. Homophobic Hillbilly said...
Quoting.....

So? Get over it or simply don't watch it.
It's that simple of a concept.

The GLBT Community has just as
much right to be on TV as anyone else does,
so all of you prejudice backwooded homophobic
East Tennessee hillbillies can just get over it.

It is simple. I don't watch it.
I guess if I wanted to watch rugged lesbians,
I'd look you up. I'd expect to get a tonguelashing from you,
but I guess I'm not your type.
Why aren't you watching LOGO instead of Channel 6?

Friday, February 8, 2008 12:22:00 AM EST





FLASH...JUST GOT THIS
AND MAN IS IT FUNNY..OH
AND ALSO T R U E:


Subject: FW: Are you a Democrat, Republican or a Southerner?









Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Southerner?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:
You're walking down a deserted street with your wife
and two small children.
Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife
comes around the corner, locks eyes with you,
screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the
knife, and charges at you.
You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert
shot.
You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What
do you do?
...............................................................


THINK CAREFULLY AND THEN SCROLL DOWN:















Democrat's Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire
him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock
the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind
of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be
content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my
family g et away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed day and
make this happier, healthier street that would
discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with
some friends for few days and try to come to a consensus.
.............
........................................................................................................

Republican's Answer:


BANG!

....................................................................................................................

Southerner's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! Click..... (Sounds of reloading) BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! Click
Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the
Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?"
Son: "Can I shoot the next one!"
Wife: "You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night Robin (the girl on WBIR) had on a tight shirt and it reminded me of the old OLD weather girls on WATE. Wallene and a few others really did know how to buy the right clothes for the job!

Cameraman said...

Well PERSONALLY, I enjoyed Robins shirt last night!

Anonymous said...

Put Beth Haynes FACE on Robins new body and you have a winner!

Who did the work for Robin?

Anonymous said...

Ted Hall said Robins are NOT fake!

Bro. Byron said...

Yep, I was having to watch the news between the fingers of my wife's hand last night...

Anonymous said...

She just is not that big. Why would she pad up like that?

Anonymous said...

She has always been the cute one on TV and last night she really became something to watch.

What time does the 6 o clock news come on tonight?

Anonymous said...

You guys have piqued my interest. I'll have to check her out tonight. If true, Channel 10's news will really be on the boob tube!

Robin helps me to keep abreast of the local news.

Anonymous said...

I missed the news damnit! What did she have on tonight?

Anonymous said...

Last night she had the coat back on and kept pulling it shut. I turned over to WATE and then to Channel 8. Nothing going on there either so I kept going back to 10 but the coat was still on.

Anonymous said...

Hey STUPID the 6 O clock news comes on at SIX O DAMN CLOCK!

As for girls with tight sweaters, you are all pigs. Some just might be JOURNALISTS don't you think?

My wife has a great body and a better mind, I married her for her mind not her body.

Take a cold shower and if you want
sex watch Fox not WBIR.

Anonymous said...

umm yummy yum yums.